DEDICATED TO YOUR PETS SAFETY
Vaccine and other requirements
At Lago Vista Pets we are serious about providing a boarding and dog daycare environment that is safe and clean for your pet. Our Pet Hotel and outdoor play areas are kept sanitary at all times to ensure that your dog is treated well. We are very strict on shot requirements for the protection of all our canine clients.
We require the following:
- Spayed or Neutered*
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered upon reaching maturity or after 1 year. The appropriate age varies for different breeds and genders, so ask your vet for advice. If your female dog is at the right age to go into a “heat” cycle, then she will not be a good candidate for group play. Males that are not neutered by the age of 10 months are also not good candidates for group play.
- Rabies Vaccine
- There are a number of rabies vaccines available that are both safe and effective. The rabies vaccine must be given by a licensed veterinarian.
- This is a combination shot, usually containing Distemper, Hepatitis, Lepto, Parvo, and Parainfluenza. Different vets have different variations on this shot, so be sure to inquire. Some are good for a year, some for 3 years.
- This is for canine cough, sometimes called “kennel cough.” It is recommended that your dog be vaccinated for Bordetella every six months. If your vet uses an injectable vaccine, it should be good for a year. Speak with your vet for more information.
* If your pet has not been spayed or neutered you may contact us for a possible exception.